Tuesday, January 18, 2011

dead in a ditch

Incapable of taking a nice pic of ourselves.
greetings from bed. last night leslie & i had our going away party. yeah. umm. i may have been drinking whiskey straight from the bottle. someone may have gotten a ticket for public urination. we may have been serving ourselves. thanks roberta's- we love you. it's 5 pm and we are still in bed. just ordered indian food & it will most likely be consumed in bed. somehow we are still getting stuff done. wood rafters that make up our kitchen table will be gone in about an hour. i would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone that shedding your stuff is amazing. i love it & highly recommend it. i have unloaded some stuff this week that i thought i would be more upset about. like the green leather chair that is one of the last pieces of furniture left from the house i grew up in. i can remember my grandfather, my father & my mother sitting in it. but it's made me realize that stuff isn't them. it can't pinch my cheek, fix anything & everything, or dazzle me with a smile. it's just stuff & holding on to it only holds you back. so the house is getting emptier, our pile of cash from selling this stuff is getting bigger & we are getting closer to our last day in new york. we still have a lot of work before we shove off in mid-february, but i'm finally able to start picturing this trip.

Aye-aye captain crazy!
I'd just like to say (this is Leslie now, using my capitals) that Lisa picked the most delicious pies for the civilized, dinner portion of the evening (though Lisa and her friends claim that me and my group were civilized for the entire night; that is not a compliment coming from that gang of ruffians!). Bosc Blues: gorganzola, pears and carmalized onions; Speckenwolf (I only know it had speck and mushrooms on it, and looked good), and A kale pie with tallegio (fatty melty delicious cheese), and potatoes. I was initially skeptical of this one, but it proved to be my favorite. Anyway, it was a fun night overall. Enjoy the photographic highlights!
Thank you Matt the gracious bartender. Did anyone pay you?


Matt and Ulyses cuddling..
Lisa wants you to see his beard. 
Nobody puts Mao in a corner!
Stina, Nick and Megan. Loaded!
Young love.
Hi Ann and Nick!

Pam learns to pour a beer.

Ellie dances like a champ.

Bri and Pam are cute, in that psycho kind of way

Stina makes a funny face while Nick makes a weird face.
George, on top of things

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear some chatter out there