Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Doin Work

     What a day! It feels like we actually got some things done, and for the first time we took things off our to do list. The sails we are keeping are stowed, the V birth is basically ready to be lived in, the pile of death trap life vests has been disposed of, we tested all the hatches for water tightness, and we inflated and tested the dinghy.
     Having said that, almost all the hatches need new gaskets, the dinghy has one small air leak we need to patch, and we still have 3 spinnakers to deal with. We also need to pull the dinghy's wood floor out and test it, as you may have noticed the lack of a floor in the video. We are going to replace one maybe two hatches as well,  that will be an interesting job. 
     To my great pleasure, Andy woke up this morning swearing his head off, absolutely certain he had completely ruined his tattoo. When I asked to see what he was talking about he pointed out a tiny spot where his shirt had stuck overnight, and I told him it looked fine. He then went on a rant about how he knew he would mess it up, and of course I spent the drive to the bagel shop (who has wifi, where we do these posts every morning) winding him up and doing my best to drive him crazy. When we got there and checked it against the photo from just after it was finished, we both quickly concluded that there wasn't even the slightest change. Andy think's this morning was awful and I couldn't disagree more.

2 comments:

  1. More videos! I'd do a video of me, but it'd be pretty dreary. "Here we are at the shipping place." "Here we are again, shipping!" "More shipping!" "Oh, look at all this crap in the house." "Here's some more crap!" Phew. I feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don is so cute in a dinghy. I'd ship anything for him. Especially myself in a box to his marina.

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear some chatter out there